Afon View - Access Statement
If you have any access requirements you may find the information below useful. However, if you have any questions regarding the accessibility of our accommodation please do not hesitate to contact us with your enquiry. Please note that Afon View is an old Victorian house and thus has not been designed with wheelchair access in mind.
- Approached off the main A5, in the village of Betws-y-Coed. In between the Rock Bottom shop and the paper shop.
- Access to the front is via 4 large slate steps, with a handrail.
- Ample private parking at the rear of the house with access from the car park through the gate. Seven steps with a handrail 2.5m level path to 2 steps with a handrail further level path for 2.5m, 5 steps with a handrail landing area on to a further 15 steps with a hand rail, pass through the gate to the front door.
- Non-smoking throughout.
- Assistance with luggage is available if required.
- Orange Mobile phones coverage obtained from within the house, some other networks can be obtained outside the front door.
- Public Bus service 200 yards from the entrance.
- Train station 400 yards from the entrance. We can arrange for someone to meet you at the station if required.
Access in the house
- If parking permits the front of the house serves as a drop-off and unloading point.
- Main entrance is through the porch with a wide doorway into the hall with 1 wide shallow slate step.
- The ground floor is level throughout and comprises of guest lounge with a real fire, breakfast room, and hallway. The downstairs is fully carpeted.
- Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 are on the first floor, which is approached by a flight of stairs. The stairs has nineteen wide steps, a small landing and then a turn of 180 degrees to another 3 steps access the flat first floor landing. A banister runs all the way up the stairs on the left hand side.
- Bedrooms 5, 6, 7, & 8 are on the second floor, which is approached by a further flight of 12 stairs a small landing and 3 stairs.
- The stairs and bedrooms have fitted carpets.
- All our bedrooms are en-suite, shower, wash basin and toilet. Room 8 has an en-suite with a bath with a shower, wash basin and toilet. The en-suite floors have a floor tile covering with the exception of Room 2, which has carpet.
- Room 4 - 4 Poster bedroom has three steps with a handrail on the right, leading down to the bathroom from the bedroom.
- Corridors and bedrooms are well lit.
- Cordless kettles can be provided on request.
- Waiter/waitress service is standard.
- Menus can be provided in large print.